Eco Tourism & Responsible Guiding
- We operate under a New Zealand Government Department of Conservation concession which includes an audited Environmental Impact Analysis.
- Ngāi Tai ki Tāmaki is the Treaty of Waitangi Partner with the New Zealand Government, responsible for developing and implementing the Conservation Strategies for these islands.
- Our core activity on the island, guided walking, is a zero emission activity.
- Rangitoto and Motutapu Islands are pest free, smoke free and have no rubbish facilities and our operational plans acknowledge and support these initiatives.
- Ngāi Tai ki Tāmaki is a partner in the wildlife release programmes on the islands, with Kiwis for Kiwis and the Department of Conservation.
- Ngāi Tai ki Tāmaki is a partner, with the Motutapu Restoration Trust, in the government’s billion trees programme and together will commence planting 400,000 new seedlings on Motutapu Island from 2020.